TIME FOR YOUR INSPECTION AND EMISSION TEST?
Utah Emissions and Inspections
Get your car or truck inspected and emission tested for your license registration or renewal. Avoid the long and lengthy DMV lines – get your DMV Tags renewed here with our “On-The-Spot” DMV Tag Renewal Service! We follow the Utah State Safety Inspection guidelines to keep your vehicle in a safe driving and operating condition.
Utah Safety Inspections
- Improve safety on the state’s highways.
- Help reduce the number of vehicle collisions by working to ensure that motor vehicles in Utah are in a safe operating condition.
- A safety inspection is required every year for vehicles 10 or more years old on January 1.
- Vehicles less than 10 model years old on January 1, get a safety inspection in the fourth and eighth years.
- Example: 2010, 2006 and 2004 and earlier model year vehicles will require a safety inspection in 2014.
- A salvage vehicle is required to pass a safety inspection when application for initial registration is made.
- All vehicles registered in Davis, Salt Lake, Utah and Weber counties with model years less than six years old get an emission test once every two years.
- Even-numbered model year vehicles get an emission test in even-numbered years. Odd-numbered year cars get emission tested in odd numbered years.
- Vehicles less than two years old (the model year) are exempt from an emissions inspection.
- Vehicles six years old and older (to 1967) get an emission test every year.
- Emission certificates are not required for vehicles 1967 or older.
- On-The-Spot DMV Tag Renewals: Avoid the long lines waiting at the DMV – renew your tags at Ray’s Muffler.
- 2008 or newer diesel emissions.
Schedule your inspection and emissions with us. Save money with our coupons!
Come in today for your Utah State Safety Inspection or emission test on your car or truck. You will get peace of mind knowing your vehicle is safe for you and the environment. Trust us for all your auto repair needs, too.